GP News magazine is a specialized medical publication. The materials in it are prepared by leading domestic and foreign specialists. Author articles from various fields of medicine are published in the edition, outlining the novelties and latest trends in the development of science and practice – to be interesting and useful to our readers, general practitioners, pharmacists, doctors from hospitals and medical centers, students and teachers in medical universities, etc. For the good information of our audience, we provide in each issue information about upcoming scientific events, congresses and symposia, both in Bulgaria and abroad, etc.
Our main goal is for the texts in the magazine to be useful in the practice of our readers, to support them in quality patient care. The texts in the magazine are original articles by established specialists prepared especially for GP News. It contains the results of clinical studies, analyses, reviews and opinions on new medications used in practice.
Requirements for authors wishing to submit material for publication in GP News
- The following materials are accepted for publication: original articles, reviews, clinical cases, abstracts, reviews, short scientific communications (letters to the editor-in-chief, etc.), with the first three genres are subject to peer review (with standardized forms), and the rest are subject to expert review judgment by the editorial board.
- The title of the article, the initials and the surname of the author are written in sequence – in Bulgarian and in English on the first page.
- After the title follows a summary in Bulgarian and a summary in English, respectively titled.
- The summary must contain in a synthesized form sufficient information about the content of the article and has to be up to 200 words in length.
- Specifying keywords – they are used for thematic categorization of the article in the databases and for corresponding search in references. Keywords for each type of publication should be between 3 and 8 in number, and they can be single words or short word combinations generally accepted in the specific field of knowledge.
- The full name and exact address (including electronic) of the author are given on the last page.
- Tables and figures should be numbered consecutively, appearing in the appropriate place in the text. The titles of the figures are below them and those of the tables above.
- The texts and tables are submitted in an electronic manuscript (on a medium or in an e-mail) in Bulgarian, prepared with the word processing program Word (versions 97-2003), extension .doc, with standard font Times New Roman, 12 pt.
- Figures are submitted in .pdf, .eps, .tif or .jpg format. In addition to being inserted into the electronic text, figures must also be provided as separate files.
- The volume of articles should not exceed 12 standard pages (up to 30 lines, 60-66 characters per line, A4 format).
- Pre-edited publications are submitted by the 20th of the current month – to be published in the first week of the following month.
- Each submitted material is tailored to the topics of the magazine’s annual plan and is reviewed by 2 independent experts.
Each GP News issue has a leading theme, central theme and sub-themes.
Topics of 2023 issues
Neurology / Psychiatry
AG / Neonatology
Rheumatology / Joint diseases
Urology / Nephrology
The GP News authors and team aim to be of equal benefit to doctors and pharmacists alike. If you think you have an article suitable for our magazine, become our author.
Contact us on e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org